The Alpina Legacy
From the very beginning, as far back as 1883, Alpina has been associated with horological innovation. Whether it was our innovative way of creating an excellent working environment, or through the introduction of new quality control criteria before anyone else, Alpina has always sought ways to improve how things are done. The story of Alpina was originally brought to life when Swiss watch making visionary Gottlieb Hauser founded the Alpina Swiss Watchmakers Corporation, and in doing so united the leading Swiss independent watchmakers, who became known as the Alpinists. Alpina started developing and producing in-house calibres and chronometers. In 1901, the trademark Alpina was registered and appeared for the first time on high-end calibres and watches produced by Gottlieb Hauser. In the 1920s, Alpina was already being sold in over 2,000 outlets worldwide, an exceptional figure for those days. It is no exaggeration to say that Alpina was one of the first leading manufacturers of Swiss watches. Today, the ideals and innovation upon which Alpina was founded are still alive in our Geneva manufacture, where we make professional sport watches to the most exacting horological standards.
White ceramic case (42 mm in diameter, 11 mm thick), Stainless steel screw-down case-back, Rose PVD coated bezel set with 42 diamonds (0.64 carat)
Mother of pearl dial with silver textured center, Rose gold-tone luminescent hands, Center second hand, Rose gold-tone Arabic numerals, 8 diamond hour markers (0.08 carat)
Date window at the 3 o’clock position, Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
Swiss quartz movement, Caliber AL-240, Water resistant to 5 ATM/50 meters/165 feet
White rubber strap, Pin buckle, Fits up to a 9 inch wrist