The Alpina Legacy
From the very beginning, as far back as 1883, Alpina has been associated with horological innovation. Whether it was our innovative way of creating an excellent working environment, or through the introduction of new quality control criteria before anyone else, Alpina has always sought ways to improve how things are done. The story of Alpina was originally brought to life when Swiss watch making visionary Gottlieb Hauser founded the Alpina Swiss Watchmakers Corporation, and in doing so united the leading Swiss independent watchmakers, who became known as the Alpinists. Alpina started developing and producing in-house calibres and chronometers. In 1901, the trademark Alpina was registered and appeared for the first time on high-end calibres and watches produced by Gottlieb Hauser. In the 1920s, Alpina was already being sold in over 2,000 outlets worldwide, an exceptional figure for those days. It is no exaggeration to say that Alpina was one of the first leading manufacturers of Swiss watches. Today, the ideals and innovation upon which Alpina was founded are still alive in our Geneva manufacture, where we make professional sport watches to the most exacting horological standards.
Brushed and polished black PVD coated stainless steel case (45 mm in diameter, 15 mm thick), See-through screw-down case-back, Black PVD coated unidirectional rotating bezel with engraved 60 minute scale
Black dial designed with Alpina triangle logos in center, Black hands with orange luminescent fill, Alpina triangle logo on the edge of the center second hand, Orange luminescent Arabic numerals and indices
Wide date window at the 3 o’clock position, Screw-down crown, Helium escape valve at the 10 o’clock position, Scratch resistant sapphire crystal
Swiss automatic movement, Caliber AL-525 base caliber SW 200, Power reserve of 38 hours, Incabloc antishock system
Water resistant to 100 ATM/1000 meters/3280 feet, Black rubber strap, Pin buckle